February 25, 2014

thanks

Just a quick post to thank everyone who bought my patterns during the Olympics as I was able, along with my own contribution, to donate $100 to Egale. I really appreciate your help.

I was slow to get into them this year, but then (as it always happens) I got caught up in the emotion of the athletes and their incredible talents. My kids loved the snowboarding, speedskating and skiing and we watched something almost every day. Obviously, curling and hockey are the huge things here in Canada. It was awesome that the women's curling team from my city went undefeated, and of course hockey was unbelievable. I also loved the duffle coats Team Canada wore for the opening ceremonies.


CBC had great coverage and their Olympics app was so helpful to track when things were on. So, that half of things was awesome but meanwhile all the other stuff was and still is going on. I don't talk politics here and I'm not interested in starting. I just felt this particular intersection of events needed a word. Thanks again.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment